Cascading Kitchen Notes
This week I took two large bundles of braised greens and stirred in 2 cups of the cauliflower sauce. Baked at 350° for 25 min. until bubbly. Serve as a side dish alongside a whole grain like barley or brown rice and you have a sumptuous meal.
This freezes well.
This garlic sauce works great as a vegetable dip, for dipping Veggie Croquettes or drizzle over chicken wings.
Serve over diced, steamed or roasted potatoes and carrots. Top with fresh herbs or a Mimi-mince of some configuration.
Roast slabs of cabbage and slices of carrots and drizzle with whole lemon dressingR Ocauliflower sauce. So many scrumptious choices!
Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Sauce
Clean and cut apart into med pieces 1 head of cauliflower
Steam for 15 min. until soft.
While the cauliflower is steaming…To a heavy cast iron pan add:
- 4 Tb (1/2 cube) butter
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
Once the garlic and butter begin to bubble BUT not brown add:
- 3 Tb flour
- Stir until bubbly and continue cooking for about 5 min. on low. Don’t brown it.
While stirring with a whisk add:
- 1.5 cups chicken stock or 1.5 cup milk
- Cook slowly until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Puree the steamed cauliflower and add to the sauce.
- Option: add ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- Option: add fresh herbs to the sauce to bring a seasonal flavor. Add them as the white sauce cooks.
Print This Post
Serve as a dipping sauce or pour over pasta or spiralized noodles.