Prepare this sauce for dipping Veggie Croquettes.
Clean and cut apart into med pieces 1 head of cauliflower
Steam for 15 min. until soft.
While the cauliflower is steaming…To a heavy cast iron pan add:
- 4 Tb (1/2 cube) butter
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
Once the garlic and butter begin to bubble BUT not brown add:
- 3 Tb flour
- Stir until bubbly and continue cooking for about 5 min. on low. Don’t brown it.
While stirring with a whisk add:
- 1.5 cups chicken stock or 1.5 cup milk
- Cook slowly until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Puree the steamed cauliflower and add to the sauce.
- Option: add ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- Option: add fresh herbs to the sauce to bring a seasonal flavor. Add them as the white sauce cooks.
Serve as a dipping sauce or pour over pasta or spiralized noodles.
Make sure to view this in desktop mode for all the details.