Veggie Tots (Croquettes)
Preheat oven to 350°
- 1 lb. finely minced broccoli and/or cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs (Use up to 1/2 C less if you prefer. More bread crumbs make them easier to handle while shaping)
- ½ cup green onions or any available onion of the season-finely minced or sliced VERY FINE
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (reduce this amount by 1/4 tsp if you're using commercial bread crumbs) and 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2C shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
For the coating:
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Form the croquettes into ping-pong sized balls and flatten just a bit. Roll in bread crumbs and bake on an oiled cookie sheet at 350° for 15-20 minutes. If you need to sell them to the kids, shape them like tater tots.
Veggie Tot &Sausage Casserole
- Place a good layer of mashed potatoes in an oiled 9x13 casserole dish and
- Ladle a good layer of sausage gravy over the potatoes. (You could skip the potatoes altogether as it suits you)
- Tightly place already baked veggie tots on top of the gravy.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350° covered or until the gravy is bubbly being careful not to overly brown the veggie tots.
This is total comfort food and the perfect kid friendly meal. Cauliflower and broccoli will become high demand items year 'round.
Print This Post