- Serve hot topped with feta cheese alongside some grilled fish.
- Use as a Wrap filling (use steamed whole cabbage leaves or collard leaves) and drizzle w/ ginger dipping sauce.
- Fill a burrito, add a bit of meat & cheese and cabbage slaw along with Barley Veggie Bake
- Serve as a cold luncheon salad dressed with a Vinaigrette.
- Left over barley bake can be turned into SOUP
Barley Veggie Bake
- Toast 2 cups uncooked barley in 4 Tbs. olive oil
- After the barley is toasted, sauté the veggies slowly.
- Onions/carrots/celery/garlic/sweet peppers/ grilled mild/hot peppers(skinned and seeded)
- 5 cups Chicken/Beef or Veggie stock, Bring to a Boil in a separate pot.
- In a 9 x 13 pan stir together barley, veggie mixture and stock.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 400 degrees for (50-60 minutes) (you might need to add one more cup of boiling water if after 60min. it’s still a bit uncooked)
Back to The Cascading Kitchen
Make sure to view this in desktop mode for all the details.
Print This Post