Cascading Kitchen Notes
Autumnal Mezze Platter with Tahini Sauce
Make this tahini sauce and store in a pitcher to bring to the table.
Grill or roast
(Toss or drizzle in high temperature oil like avocado or grapeseed. Roasting directions here.)
- ½ inch slabs of cabbage (green or red)
- ½ inch carrot coins
- Large rough chop of radicchio
- potatoes, cut into cubes
Set the grilled items aside.
Saute in a skillet on medium heat with olive oil:
- One diced onion, once it smells sweet add
- Chard stems (if you have them),
- Two cloves of minced garlic. Continue to saute for 5 minutes.
Turn up the heat to medium high and add
- tender greens that can be quickly sauteed like.
- Brussels sprout tops
- spring kales
- mustards and even
- lettuce that is a bit past its prime
Assemble the mezze ingredients on a large platter
- Arrange the grilled or roasted veggies in separate sections, the sauteed greens in another.
- Optional items to artfully add to your platter:
- feta or other favorite cheese or
- meat protein,
- pickles you put up this summer (smile)