Tip for sprouting: soak green gram (mung beans) in water overnight,
next morning drain the water completely, put into a wet muslin cloth and place in an airtight box,
keep in a warm oven and let sprout (typically will be ready for the next day when sprouted in the summer)
Kale and Sprouted Green Gram(Mung Bean) Stir Fry
- 1 bunch kale, washed and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, slit in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- oil 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp freshly shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sprouted green gram
- Bring oil to medium heat in a skillet, add the mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chilli and in 2 seconds add onion, sauté until golden brown.
- Add sprouted green gram and water, allow to cook until the bean is soft but still has a raw taste. It will be lighter in color but will not mash easily between your fingers. At this point..
- Stir in the chopped kale and cook until the leaves are tender.
- Add salt to taste
- Turn off the heat and garnish with freshly grated coconut.
Serve with roti or tortilla.
Make sure to view this in desktop mode for all the details.Print This Post