Learning to Live with Independence, Thrift and Health
Many of the choices you'll see in this five week experiment are made to increase your health and enjoyment and doing so while saving your money for other choices. Learn to be independent from the pressures of advertising and social groups by making solid, rational decisions about your health and spending. Stay with it and possibly learn some new patterns that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Total for Week Two, $58.19.
- Baking Soda .72
- Beefsteak Tomatoes 2 EA @ .39
- Sweet Mini Peppers, 1 lb bag 2.98
- Yellow Mustard 20 oz, 1.00
- Ketchup 38 oz, 1.74
- Romaine Lettuce 18 oz, 3.84
- Honeycrisp Apples 2 ea @ 1.78
- 9 Grain Bread 1.88
- Organic Bananas 1.63/bunch
- Clementine Organges 5 lb Bag, 6.48
- Hamburger Buns .84 for 8 buns
- Hamburger, 20% Fat 2.25 lbs, 8.94
- Chocolate Chips 1.88 12 oz.
- Ground Nutmeg 3.77
- Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese 6.78, 32 oz.
- Cottage Cheese, 4% Milkfat 11 oz. 2.54
- Sweet Cream Salted Butter 1 lb, 2.94
- Bacon 1 lb., 4.44
- 1-1/2 Dozen Large Eggs 1.45
Week Two Make Ahead Items
enough for two breakfasts. Store in a jar, reheat in the skillet or Microwave.
This is enough for each meal on the menu... if you don't graze...
Divide your 2-1/4 lbs of hamburger
into 4 patties and a 1 lb lump for the freezer. Two of the four patties are for this week. Freeze the other two patties for later on. Learning to buy in quantity and using it according to a plan will save you tremendous amounts of time and money. You'll eat better, save volumes of packaging trash and have money left over for the things you really want to do.
Freeze 2 of the Hamburger buns and save for Week 5
- 1 Cheesy Egg Square
- Apple Slices
- Green salad
Using your salad mix with 1 slice of chopped bacon, cut up sweet peppers and shredded cheese. Simple Vinaigrette in a separate container if you're on the move.
Lunch at home:
- Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich using one slice of bacon.
- Green salad with vinaigrette
- Hamburger patty on a bun with pickles, lettuce, tomato slices, mayo, mustard and ketchup.
- Oven Fries
- Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich on a toasted hamburger bun.
- Carrot Sticks for some nice crunch