Livi’s Kale Salad (use any green available)
Livi is an active member of Jubilee Farm and is a regular inspiration in the Cascading Kitchen. She takes a humble head of kale and turns it into something entirely new. Don’t miss out on this great salad.
Use any green available, just remember that the sturdier greens need more time to macerate in the dressing.
- 1 bunch of kale or collards or chard
- 1 orange, peeled, cut in slices and pulled into smaller sections
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper-seeded and sliced into thin slivers
- Goat cheese (2 Tbs to 1/2 cup depending on your preference) Break into bit and spread over the top of the salad.
- Remove tough stems from kale & collards.
- Chiffonade the greens-very fine and place in a large salad bowl for easy tossing.
- Spread the orange pieces and jalapeno slivers over the greens
- Break the fresh goat cheese in bits over the top of the assembled salad.
- Consider assembling this in the morning so it’s ready to go for a quick meal later in the day.
- Toss with dressing right before serving.
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 2 Tb olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 heaping Tbs. Greek yogurt (Nancy’s whole milk yogurt works too.)
Make the dressing the day before farm pick up and you’ll be ready for a quick meal when you return with your week’s produce.