Celebrating the bits and pieces of veggies throughout the growing season with Mimi Mince!
Fresh Mimi Mince w/ white beans and Nuoc Cham
Start with the uncooked bits and pieces of veggies accumulating in your summer basket or refrigerator.
And for fresh Mimi Mince don’t forget the cucumbers if you have any on hand. (peel, seeded and minced)
- Mince each item in very tiny bits (about 1/8″)
- Add fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley if available
- Add a pinch of sea salt and a splash of lemon juice or lime juice or vinegar
Create your fresh Mimi Mince as described above.
- Empty 2 cans of white cannellini beans into a colander and rinse.
- Make the tasty sauce called Nuoc Cham
- Fold everything together and enjoy!
This makes a great lunch on the run or served alongside a piece of fish or grilled meat.
Mimi Mince-sautéed with fresh zucchini noodles and herbs (Quick summer supper)
You ‘ll need a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles or Julienne the zucchini with mandolin
- Build a bowl of Mimi Mince as described above (without cucumbers)
- Sauté in your favorite oil for 3-5 min.
- Add minced garlic, sauté 1-2 min.more.
- Take off the heat and add fresh herbs:
- Thyme or mint or oregano
- Make the zucchini noodles with a spirilizer and spread out on a large platter.
- Pour sautéed Mimi Mince over the top and sprinkle with a handful of parmesan cheese.