In 3 Tbs coconut oil (or other oil) sauté:
- 2 jalapenos-seeded and minced (less is you like less heat)
- 4-5 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 onion-finely diced
After 3-4 minutes add:
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened (about 1.5 cups)
- ½ cup peanut butter, creamy is best
- 2-3 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tb honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- optional, 2 Tb sesame seed oil
For a creamy sauce with no texture run the immersion blender through the peanut sauce for a minute.
Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Don't allow it to boil.