Cascading Kitchen Notes
Creamy Kohlrabi/Turnip/Cauliflower/Carrot Soup sans dairy
A Variation on Christina’s Soup using any mixture of the noted vegetables.
Sauté in butter:
- 1 large onion-diced
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
When the onion begins to smell sweet stir in:
- 4 cups peeled, chunked kohlrabi (you can substitute turnips, carrots or cauliflower or make a mixture of all)
- ¾ cup uncooked Arborio rice
After cooking for one minute add:
- 1.5 quarts (6 cups) rich chicken stock (you can substitute veggie stock)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Simmer covered until rice is cooked.
Puree with immersion blender.
- Add¼ cup fresh minced dill
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley and celery leaves
- For a treat drizzle with truffle oil as each bowl is served.
- place a dollop of sour cream and dill leaves on top of each bowl.