The ingredients in this recipe could be either pounded or ground. i.e. use a mortar and pestle or a blender.
- Cauliflower – 1 large – cut into small florets and soaked in hot salt water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Onion – 1 big – cut into thin long slices and crosscut in half.
- Lemon – 1 small
- Oil – 2 T.
- Cilantro – 2 tsp. – finely chopped
- grated fresh/ frozen coconut- 2 T.
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Green chilies – 3 or 4
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan to medium. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add cauliflower florets and sauté until golden brown.
- Mix in the pounded ingredients let them cook for a minute. Turn the heat off.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve with roti or rice
Back to The Cascading Kitchen