Things to Remember
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream, half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and milk, stirring with a whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Turn heat on stove to medium and stirring occasionally, bring to a boil.
- Stir in butter and continue to boil until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and salt. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving over ice cream. Store in container in the refrigerator. To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warm.
keeps for 2 weeks refrigerated