For those who want to know a bit more about what you’re eating.
Kosambari – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosambari
Carrot Kosambari (Salad)
- Carrot – 4, grated.
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
- Grated fresh or frozen coconut – 1 Tbsp.
- Cilantro – 4 sprigs, finely chopped.
- Salt to taste
- Oil -1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Green chilie – 1 small , deseeded and finely chopped.
- urad dal – 1tsp.
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig, finely chopped.
- Heat oil to medium, add asafoetida cook for a few seconds.
- Add mustard let crackle, add green chilie, curry leaves and urad dal, cook until urad dal turns light brown and turn off heat.
- In a large bowl add carrot, cilantro, salt, lemon juice and tempered content, mix well.
Back to The Cascading Kitchen
Served as a side with rice & curry or just as a snack.