Fennel Peas Pasta
- Fennel bulb – 1 – chopped finely
- Frozen or fresh peas – 1 cup
- Penne Pasta – 2 cups – start cooking the pasta in 5 cups of water when the sautéed vegetables are cooked half way, do not drain the water and let it remain in the warm water when done.
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp..
- Fennel frond – 1 tbsp. – chopped finely
- Heat oil in a pan in medium heat.
- Add chopped fennel bulb and sauté till translucent.
- Add peas and cook for 10 minutes
- Add garam masala, turmeric and salt to taste. When the spices separate from the oil turn the heat to low.
- Using a strainer ladle take the pasta out and add to the pan of sautéed vegetables and mix well, let it cook for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the fennel frond on top and serve hot (parmesan cheese is optional).