Chunky Curried Butternut Squash Soup
by Aruna Kumar
- Butter – 2 T
- Anaheim pepper-1
- Butternut squash-1
- Nutmeg powder-a pinch
- Curry powder -2 tsps
- Red chili powder-a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Heavy cream-1/4 cup
- Water- 4 cups
- Bake Butternut squash and mash with your hand when it has cooled down.
- Chop onion and Anaheim pepper very finely.
- In a pot melt butter over low heat,
- Add onion to the heated butter and sauté until translucent then
- Add the Anaheim pepper and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder and curry powder, mix well.
- When the curry powder separates from the butter then stir in the mashed butternut squash, heavy cream, nutmeg and water.
- Let it boil for 20 minutes. Add more water if required to get a soupy consistency.
Serve soup with toasted garlic bread.