Cascading Kitchen Notes
- 1 qt. Whole milk Nancy’s Yogurt
It won’t work with yogurt made with thickeners.
- 1 large piece of cheese cloth- you can wash and dry this for reuse.
- Pour the entire quart of yogurt into the cheese cloth.
- Twist the ends together and tie it off with a twist tie
- Hang it on a spoon handle, hanging over a large bowl to catch the whey that will run out
- Leave it for 1-8 hours, depending how thick you like your yogurt.
If it’s really hot, keep the assembly in the fridge.
Ariel’s Green Goddess Sauce
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt or strained Nancy’s whole fat yogurt (see the sidebar)
- 1 cup mayo or just use 2 cups of yogurt (as described above) if you want to forgo the mayo
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- 2-3 anchovies- these add lots of umami
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 2 cups herbs (dill, parsley, celery, basil) some combination
- ½ large onion in chunks before it goes in the processor
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Salt….after you’ve whirled it in the food processor, add salt to taste (start with 1 tsp sea salt)
Whirl everything in the processor until smooth.
Print This Post
Store in a jar for up to 2 weeks. Spoon over grilled veggies or/and on lettuce