Cascading Kitchen Notes
- Use 2 cups of full fat, good quality yogurt (we use Nancy’s Yogurt)
- Put the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheese cloth over a bowl to catch the whey.
- Let it drain overnight in the fridge or for at least an hour. The longer you drain it the more firm it will become.
Yogurt,Lemon or Lime & Creamy Honey Dressing
Wonderful dressing for bitter greens like escarole, tender Asian greens and lettuce that has seen a lot of sunshine and heat.
- 2 Cups plain Greek Yogurt or "drained" regular live culture yogurt (see the sidebar).
Once it has drained add:
- 6 Tb honey
- 1 Tb Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tb fresh lemon juice. Add more if you like it bright. This dressing also very tasty with fresh lime juice
Print This Post
This is a thick dressing, so serve it as a dollop on top of the salad or, for a classy presentation, first make a schmeer of dressing on the plate and then top with the salad.