Cascading Kitchen Notes
Yogurt Cheese with Fresh Herbs
- 1 qt. Whole milk Nancy’s Yogurt
It won’t work with yogurt made with thickeners.
- 1 large piece of cheese cloth- you can wash and dry this for reuse.
- Pour the entire quart of yogurt into the cheese cloth.
- Twist the ends together and tie it off with a twist tie
- Hang it on a spoon handle, hanging over a large bowl to catch the whey that will run out
- Leave it for 24 hours.
If it’s really hot keep the assembly in the fridge.
At the end of 24 hours you’ll have a creamy, dense, tangy cheese that’s ready to be infused with fresh herbs.
Take a wander in your garden and look for something that will perk up your meals for the week.
Mince herbs to a fine chop. You might consider adding a bit of minced garlic.
Print This Post
Spread over anything that resembles bread!