Cascading Kitchen Notes
You can also add herbs to the yogurt before draining if you're convinced how you want to flavor the whole batch. This will infuse the herbal flavors during the draining period.
Yogurt Cheese with Fresh Herbs
- 1 qt. Whole milk Nancy’s Yogurt
It won’t work with yogurt made with thickeners.
- 1 large piece of cheese cloth- you can wash and dry this for reuse.
- Pour the entire quart of yogurt into the cheese cloth.
- Twist the ends together and tie it off with a twist tie
- Hang it on a spoon handle, hanging over a large bowl to catch the whey that will run out
- Leave it for 24 hours.
If it’s really hot keep the assembly in the fridge.
At the end of 24 hours you’ll have a creamy, dense, tangy cheese that’s ready to be infused with fresh herbs.
Take a wander in your garden and look for something that will perk up your meals for the week.
Mince herbs to a fine chop. You might consider adding a bit of minced garlic.
Print This Post
Spread over anything that resembles bread!