- 1 lb. finely minced broccoli or cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- ½ cup green onions or any available onion of the season-finely minced or sliced VERY FINE
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 C minced Asian greens and 1/2C shredded jack cheese
For the coating:
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- optionally add a bit of salt & pepper and smoked paprika
Form the croquettes into ping-pong sized balls and flatten just a bit. If the kids need extra incentive you can form them into Tater Tot shapes. Either way, roll in bread crumbs and bake on an oiled cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
To shave off a bit of preparation time and a few calories:
Bake the filling in an oiled tart pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and forgo the breadcrumb coating.