These vegetable patties can be used for burgers instead of a bean or meat patty.
- Potato – 5, cooked and mashed.
- Onion – 1, finely chopped.
- Carrot – 2, finely chopped.
- Peas – 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower – 2 cups, small florets, soaked in warm salt water for 10 minutes.
- Green Beans – handful, finely chopped.
- Ginger – 1 tsp paste
- Garlic -1 tsp paste
- Garam masala powder – 2 tsps..
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- cilantro – handful, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste.
- Oil – 1 cup.
- Bread crumbs (Optional) – 2 cups, place in a tray.
- all purpose flour (Optional) – 4 tbsp., mix in 2 cups of water.
- Heat 2 tsp in a pan at medium heat.
- Add ginger & garlic paste sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add carrot, peas, cauliflower and green beans sauté until 3/4th cooked.
- Add garam masala, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder, mix well. let it cook completely.
- Add salt, potato and cilantro, mix well. Turn off heat and let it cool.
- Take a fist full of the cooked vegetable mixture and make them into a patty shape.
- repeat step 7 for the remaining mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan at medium heat. (If you are not using bread crumbs and all purpose flour skip steps 10 & 11)
- Dip each patty in all purpose flour water mixture and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Repeat step 10 for the remaining patties.
- Shallow fry the patties until golden brown.
Serve with mint chutney/ ketchup.
Back to The Cascading Kitchen