Vegetable Bajara Dosa
- Urad dal – 1/3 cup, wash and soak for 6 hours.
- Ponni/ par boiled rice – 1/2 cup , wash and soak for 6 hours.
- Poha (flattened rice) – 1/4 cup, wash and soak for 6 hours.
- Bajra flour – 2/3 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp, wash and soak for 6 hours.
- Salt to taste
- Carrot -1, grated
- Onion – 1/2 , finely chopped.
- Zucchini – 1, grated.
- Dill – handful (optional), finely chopped.
- Grind urad dal, Ponni rice, Poha and fenugreek seeds to a fine paste. Add Bajra flour and salt and grind them together to a fine batter. Ferment overnight or 8 hours.
Making the Dosa:
- Add carrot, zucchini, dill and onion to the batter and mix.
- Heat a flat iron griddle season with oil, pour a ladle full of the batter on a moderately hot flat iron griddle like a pancake.
- Drizzle some oil, cover and cook the Dosa on a low to medium flame. Cook a little extra since you need the vegetable to cook through.
- Now gently flip the Dosa and cook on the other side. Do the same for the rest of the batter.
Back to The Cascading Kitchen
Serve with Coconut/ Tomato chutney.