Cascading Kitchen Notes
Scape Pesto aka Salad Dressing aka Bean Dip
Here’s an example of what I mean by a Cascading Kitchen. Let one preparation CASCADE into 3 possibilities
Scape Pesto (or any other pesto you’ve created)…turns into salad dressing…and then flavors a bean dip.
If you have more scapes hiding in your kitchen multiply this recipe by 2 or 3 and you’ll have a delicious meal starter stashed in your fridge.
In a food processor until finely chopped
- 1 bunch of scapes-chopped
- ½ cup parm
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup nuts or seeds
- Zest from 1 lemon and 2Tb juice
- S & P
- Then add and pulse several times:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Store in the fridge in a jar.
Use as you would any pesto:
- Over roasted veggies
- In a risotto
- In an omelet
- On pasta…in which case you can turn it into a great meal by adding lots of minced and sliced veggies.
Scape Pesto Vinaigrette:
- Make your favorite vinaigrette and add a few big scoops (large heaping Tbs).
- Store in a jar in the fridge
This week serve w/ lettuce, tender turnip tops-chopped coarsely and Tokyo Bekana greens
Turn the Scape Pesto into Bean dip
- Puree 1 can of cannellini beans or any white beans
- 2 cloves garlic-finely minced
- More lemon zest…if you have any
- More fresh lemon juice if you think it needs to be brighter in flavor.
- 3-4 Tbs pesto (from recipe above)
Use as a dip with raw kohlrabi sticks, spring turnips, carrots…
Or your favorite warmed flatbread.