Spinach Or Asian Green Salad
Mix together in a small container:
- 1 large orange – squeezed
- 1 large lime – squeezed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tb shredded purple onion (use a box grater)
- 3 Tb fresh goat cheese
Once the salt has dissolved, whisk vigorously while slowly pouring in
- 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 6 C spinach or Asian greens
- 1/2 C minced purple onion
- optional 1/2 C shredded hard cheese (parmesan, pecorino) or 4 Tbs fresh goat cheese or 5 strips of cooked bacon or some combination
Wash, spin dry and chill the greens. Once the eggs have cooled and the greens are chilled, assemble the salad. Don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to serve.
In a large bowl for tossing salads:
- Pour the dressing in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with chilled greens
- Add finely chopped eggs
- 1/2 cup minced purple onion
Add the optional hard cheeses and/or chopped, cooked bacon. Fold dressing into the assembled salad and serve.
Pass the pepper mill!