Cascading Kitchen Notes
In a large bowl add:
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
Stir to dissolve salt
Then, stir while adding:
- 2 cups white corn flour (Arepas flour)
Knead until the dough is smooth.
Let it rest for 5 min.
Divide into 3 inch balls
Pat flat and crimp a pie crust edge so it holds filling.
They should be about 4 inches in diameter.
Toast on a pre-heated, dry skillet
Medium heat, 10 min…or more until cooked.
Melt 1 cube of butter
- Add 1 minced garlic clove
Brush butter onto cooked sopes and top with a Mimi Mince
- Include cilantro in your mince
- Crumbled feta or queso fresco on top of mince
- Spread some cooked beans on the bottom before adding the mince
- Sprinkle a small amount of cooked/shredded chicken or meat on top