“Chimichurri, Chutney and Choice”
This is a hands on, all day class.
Rich food traditions filled with flavor have been replaced in our western diet by ubiquitous salt, sugar and fat. Rediscover the richness of a diet filled with a broad palette of real flavors. We start in small steps with a tomato chutney in the morning: a very kid friendly replacement for the kid unfriendly ketchup.
In the afternoon concoct a batch of chimichurri and make and can pepper jelly. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to learn that this jelly is more than just an interesting hors d' ouvre. All day we'll be adding a richness and diversity of flavors to your meals.
- Includes a quick overview of water bath canning procedures.
- Learn about menu strategies that capitalize on flavors and thrift.
- Take home a jar of pepper jelly and tomato chutney and chimichurri.
- You'll take home a Summer In a Jar canning syllabus.
- As always, you take with you a welcome invitation to call Terrie for advice.
Replacing commercial condiments with a rich array of real flavors is a great way to add enjoyment to your meals as well as lowering the toxic load on your family.