Panna is a juice drink made in the summer to cool down the body. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aam_panna)
Plum Panna (juice)
- Plum – 2 pints, halved and de·seed.
- Jaggery powder – 1 cup
- roasted cumin powder – 1 tbsp.
- Black salt to taste
- Salt to taste
- water – 2 cup
- Mint leaves- 1 tbsp., finely chopped.
- crushed ice
- In a sauce-pan add plum and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool and remove the plum skin, get the pulp.
- Grind plum pulp along with water to a smooth paste.
- In a pan take the pulpy mixture, add jaggery and let it cook on flame till the jaggery dissolves completely. Stir the mixture continously.
- Turn off the heat and add roasted cumin powder, black salt and salt.
- Let this mixture cool down properly.
- To make the drink :
- In a tall glass and add 1 -2 tbsp. of the plum mixture
- Add chilled water till 3/4ths full.
- Add mint and crushed ice.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Back to The Cascading Kitchen