Mustard Sauce over Potato Cubes, Cauliflower/Broccoli
- Cut potatoes (about a pound) into ½ inch cubes-steam until cooked but still firm. (6-9 min) Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower or broccoli (throw in some carrots of whatever you have) or both into small floret’s-steam for 5 min. Set aside.
- Prepare mustard sauce:
- Melt 1 cube butter over low heat in a heavy sauté pan.
- minced shallots…as much as you like. Once the shallots are soft add:
- 2 Tbs capers
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano
- Zest from 1 lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper
- Cook for 5 min over med. low heat. You’ll know it’s ready when you begin to smell the zest!
- Place cooked potato cubes and cauliflower/broccoli in large bowl.
- Toss w/ mustard sauce and serve on a large platter.
- Garnish with olives of your choice.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon/lime over the entire dish once it has been prepared on the serving platter.
Serve w/ grilled chicken or fish