Green Beans Palya
- Onion – 1, finely chopped.
- Green beans – 1/2 pound, finely chopped.
- Green Chilie – 1, slit length wise.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig, leaves finely chopped.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida – a pinch.
- Salt – to taste.
- Fresh or frozen coconut – 1tbspn
- Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add asafoetida cook for few seconds then add mustard seeds, let it crackle.
- Add green chilie, curry leaves and Urad dal, let it cook until the urad dal turns slightly brown.
- Add onion, cook till translucent then add green beans, cover and let it cook in steam until tender.
- Add salt, coconut and cilantro, mix well and turn off the heat.
Serve with Roti or as a side with rice and curry.
Back to The Cascading Kitchen