A sauce with complex flavors that will add depth to a simple meal.
Serve it with:
- Grilled vegetables
- Roasted vegetables
- Bulgur wheat
This sauce is delicate so it’s best to let it defrost and come to room temperature rather than heating it.
(the country, not the state)
Soak for 1 hour: (Soaking overnight is even better)
- 4 oz. Dried apricots
- 2 cups boiling water
Once the apricots are soaked, drain over a bowl to retain the “juice”.
In a food processor or blender:
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 4-8 cloves of garlic
Blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 4 cups of cilantro-coarsely chopped (4 bunches of cilantro)
- 3 cups Italian parsley (3 bunches of parsley)
- 2cups basil-coarsely chopped
- 1 Tb dill weed
- 2 tsp tarragon1
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 cup of apricot soaking water, as needed.
Freeze in ice cube trays. Once frozen, store in zip lock bags.
Bring to room temperature to appreciate the complexity of flavors!! It’s amazing.