Cascading Kitchen Notes
Garlic Scape Infused Oil
In a heavy cast iron pan
- Pour in 3-4 cups of cooking olive oil.
- Place your scapes in the pot. As they cook they will relax into the oil.
- Bring to a simmer so bubbles are just beginning to form.
- Turn down the temp to hold it just below the bubble stage.
- Cook for 45 min. The scapes will eventually turn a light brown. Be careful not to burn your oil.
- Don’t let the oil get above 375 degrees.
- Once the scapes are crunchy and the oil has a delightful garlic aroma, remove the scapes and cool.
- After the oil has cooled, store it in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Use for salad dressing, drizzles on top of soups or for sautéing.
Print This Post
The cooked scapes are just fun to eat, put on top of a bowl of soup or chopped on top of a salad.