Fennel Fronds Fry
- Tender Fennel fronds with the stem- 1 bunch – chopped very finely.
- Green chille – 2 – slit lengthwise.
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig – chopped finely.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- garlic – 2 cloves – cut into thin long piece.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt -to taste.
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- water – 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan in medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds when it starts to crackle add curry leave & green chille, sauté for a minute.
- Add garlic and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add chopped fennel fronds, add water mix well cover the lid and cook for 20 minutes in low heat or until it looses its raw taste and all the water is evoprated.
- When leaves are cooked mix in salt and turmeric. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
*Serve as a side.(remove the slit green chillies when serving)
Tip: If you do not like the strong taste of fennel which you get at the end of the bite, add cubed potatoes to this dish. Combination of potato and fennel fronds balances the flavors.