Cascading Kitchen notes:
To celebrate freshly harvested lettuce from the farm:
Cut the lettuce into wide ribbons, toss with some olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place the “marmalade” in a separate bowl. Plate the lettuce and place a large spoonful of the marmalade in the center with a bit of fresh goat cheese around the edges. Makes for a very special salad.
- shaved/raw beets
- Melt ¼ cup butter and add ½ cup dressing-serve over grilled fish
- Roast a combination of winter veggies and sprinkle this dressing over the platter right before serving.
- OR just eat a spoonful!
You can store this dressing in a jar for quite a long while.
Fennel Dressing and Marmalade
Simmer 45 min. in a non reactive saucepan:
- 1 fennel bulb-cored and minced
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 Tb sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
Keep an eye on the pan so you don’t simmer it dry.
After cooking for 45 minutes, add to hot mixture:
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1 orange-sectioned – don’t use the membrane
Cut the orange in half and use a grapefruit spoon to remove each section.
- ½ tsp salt
Simmer another 10 minutes.
½ cup of fennel leaves from the tops, finely chopped
Back to The Cascading Kitchen