Cucumber and Fennel Frond Sauce
- 1 cup fennel leaves stripped and chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley (if you have it)
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 onion-chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tb Mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine )
- 1 Tb honey
- 2 cucumbers –med size-chopped with skin on
- 2 limes juiced
- Zest from the limes to be added later
Whirl all of the ingredients in a food processor
- ½ cup olive oil
- Taste and adjust for tartness. If it needs more add 1 tsp lime zest.
After the flavors have melded for a few hours adjust for salt. Add more if needed.
Store in a glass jar in the fridge. It will keep for several weeks.
Use as a topping:Over grilled fish
On top of left over rice and veggies for a quick lunch
Make sure to view this in desktop mode for all the details.