Creamy Kohlrabi Soup sans dairy
A Variation on Christina’s Soup
Sauté in butter:
- 1 large onion-diced
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
When the onion begins to smell sweet stir in:
- 4 cups peeled, chunked kohlrabi (you can substitute turnips or cauliflower or make a mixture of all)
- ¾ cup uncooked Arborio rice
After cooking for one minute add:
- 1.5 quarts (6 cups) rich chicken stock (you can substitute veggie stock)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Simmer covered until rice is cooked.
Puree with immersion blender.
- Add¼ cup fresh minced dill
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley and celery leaves
- For a treat drizzle with truffle oil as each bowl is served.
- place a dollop of sour cream and dill leaves on top of each bowl.
Back to The Cascading Kitchen
Make sure to view this in desktop mode for all the details.
Print This Post