Some Cheesy Square options…Like Muffins
You could also bake the mixture in well greased muffin tins for about 20 minutes. Fill each muffin 2/3 rd’s full. Bake and test with a toothpick. This makes a great lunch.
Cook the night before and store in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning cut the 9×13 pan into squares, just the right size for lunch. You can eat it with your fingers when it’s cold. When you pack your lunch make sure to keep it cool. Remember cooked eggs must stay cool.
Notes for working with raw eggs.
Remember to guard against Cross Contamination when working with eggs.
Be sure to wash your hands before and after handling raw eggs.
Use separate plates for raw eggs and cooked eggs.
Clean and disinfect the counters to remove raw eggs.
Cheesy Egg Squares with Braised Greens
Lunch on the Run
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Prepare as per these instructions. Once the greens are cooked, remove from the heat, uncover and allow the greens to cool.
(Another option is using your dehydrated greens. You can read about the dehydration process here. Rehydrate the greens before folding them into the mixture to bake.)
In a large bowl:
- Crack 1 dozen eggs
- Beat the eggs with a wire whip
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheese – cheddar or pepper jack (If you’d like fewer calories, omit the shredded cheese)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (I like more pepper so I use about ½ tsp.)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour or Garbanzo Bean flour
Stir mixture together.
Add the cooled, braised greens to the egg-cheese mixture and stir until combined.
If you’re making the Squares:
- Pour mixture into a greased, 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until done.
- Test by inserting a toothpick into the center of the casserole. It’s done if the toothpick comes out clean.
If you’re making the muffins:
- Coat the muffin tin with light oil.
- Fill 2/3 full
- Cook 20-25 min depending on the size of your muffins.
- Test with a tooth pick to make sure they’re cooked. Insert tooth pick-if it comes out clean they’re done.
Allow the Cheesy Eggs to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.