Cascading Kitchen Notes
This week I took two large bundles of braised greens and stirred in 2 cups of the cauliflower sauce. Baked at 350° for 25 min. until bubbly. Serve as a side dish alongside a whole grain like barley or brown rice and you have a sumptuous meal.
This freezes well.
This garlic sauce works great as a vegetable dip, for dipping Veggie Croquettes or drizzle over chicken wings.
Creamy Garlic and Cauliflower Sauce
Clean and cut apart into med pieces 1 head of cauliflower
Steam for 15 min. until soft.
While the cauliflower is steaming…To a heavy cast iron pan add:
- 4 Tb (1/2 cube) butter
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
Once the garlic and butter begin to bubble BUT not brown add:
- 3 Tb flour
- Stir until bubbly and continue cooking for about 5 min. on low. Don’t brown it.
While stirring with a whisk add:
- 1.5 cups chicken stock or 1.5 cup milk
- Cook slowly until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Puree the steamed cauliflower and add to the sauce.
- Option: add ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- Option: add fresh herbs to the sauce to bring a seasonal flavor. Add them as the white sauce cooks.
Print This Post
Serve as a dipping sauce or pour over pasta or spiralized noodles.