Cascading Kitchen Notes
Apple Curry Dipping Sauce or Dressing
If you're planning to make the salad to go along with this Dressing/Sauce, start by soaking ½ cup of dried fruit like cherries or craisins in ¾ cup of sherry or balsamic vinegar then move on to the sauce.
In a food processor:
- 2-3 small apples-cored
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs craisin sherry or vinegar
- 1 Tbs freshly ground-toasted curry
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
Puree until the apple is somewhat smooth and then add:
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil or almond oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
Serve Over a salad of:
- Asian greens and/or fresh spinach, Toasted nuts or pepitas, Dried fruit soaked in sherry or balsamic vinegar and a dollop of fresh goat cheese.
- Don’t dress the salad until you’re ready to eat.
Print This Post
Store the sauce in a jar for future meal possibilities. It will keep for several weeks.