Cascading Kitchen Notes
- This sauce is terrific over Asian greens and/or spinach with toasted nuts, dried fruit soaked in balsamic or sherry vinegar.
- It will resurrect that which is past to new life! It’s a simple way to turn last night’s roasted veggies, rice or grains into an enjoyable lunch.
- Kids like it with slices of apples for dipping. So do I!
Apple Curry Dipping Sauce or Dressing
If you're planning to make the salad to go along with this Dressing/Sauce, start by soaking ½ cup of dried fruit like cherries or craisins in ¾ cup of sherry or balsamic vinegar then move on to the sauce.
In a food processor:
- 2-3 small apples-cored
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs craisin sherry or vinegar
- 1 Tbs freshly ground-toasted curry
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
Puree until the apple is somewhat smooth and then add:
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil or almond oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
Serve Over a salad of:
- Asian greens and/or fresh spinach, Toasted nuts or pepitas, Dried fruit soaked in sherry or balsamic vinegar and a dollop of fresh goat cheese.
- Don’t dress the salad until you’re ready to eat.
Print This Post
Store the sauce in a jar for future meal possibilities. It will keep for several weeks.